As a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, achieving the BACP Certificate of Proficiency, I adhere to their ethics and guidelines. I offer counselling to adults, young people and children, working from my home in a room set aside for counselling.
After training as an integrative counsellor at Newman University I have worked with adults for a charitable counselling organisation and with Cruse Bereavement Care.
Working as a teacher for several years, I saw a great need for children to be listened to carefully and fully. Following my training at the University of South Wales, I work as a school counsellor in several schools in Newport.
Issues I work with
I offer short or long-term counselling in abuse, anger, anxiety, bereavement and loss, depression, low self-esteem, obsessive compulsive disorder, relationship issues, self-harm, spirituality, stress, suicidal thoughts and work related issues. I have helped children with depression, behavioural issues, obsessive compulsive disorder, self-harm, anxiety, family problems, anger, bullying, low self-esteem, dyslexia and bereavement. When working with children, I often use creative counselling skills and sand tray therapy to help the child engage in the process.
- Foundation Degree in Integrative Counselling (Newman University)
- MA Counselling Children and Young People (University of South Wales)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Gloucester Counselling Services)
- Ascentis Level 2 in Bereavement Care with Children and Young People
- Cruse Bereavement Care with Children and Young People
- B.Ed Hons Nursery/Primary Education (University of London)
- PG Cert Education (Special Educational Needs Coordination)
- DBS Enhanced Certificate
- Further training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Fully insured for working with adults, children and young people
I regularly update my knowledge and skills by Continual Professional Development (CPD) workshops. To date, this has included
- Self-Harm in Young People
- Creative Therapy
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Creative Writing in Therapy
- Introduction to Psychodrama
- Eating Disorders
- Safeguarding (annual update)
- Sexual Exploitation of Young People