I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, achieving the BACP Certificate of Proficiency, and I adhere to their ethics and guidelines. I offer counselling to adults, young people and children, and I work from my home in a small village.
Where I counsel
Since training as an integrative counsellor at Newman University I have worked with adults at the Well Counselling Service, Malvern and with Cruse Bereavement Care.
During my teacher career I saw a great need for children to be listened to carefully and fully. After finishing my additional training in counselling children and young people at the University of South Wales, I became a school counsellor in South Wales, based in Newport where I have worked in both secondary and primary education.
Issues I work with
I offer short or long-term counselling in abuse, anger, anxiety, bereavement and loss, depression, low self-esteem, obsessive compulsive disorder, relationship issues, self-harm, spirituality, stress, suicidal thoughts, trauma and work related issues. I have helped children with depression, behavioural issues, obsessive compulsive disorder, self-harm, anxiety, family problems, anger, bullying, low self-esteem, dyslexia and bereavement. When working with children, I often use creative counselling skills, play therapy and sand tray therapy to help them engage in the process.
- Foundation Degree in Integrative Counselling (Newman University)
- MA Counselling Children and Young People (University of South Wales)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Gloucester Counselling Services)
- Ascentis Level 2 in Bereavement Care with Children and Young People
- Cruse Bereavement Care with Children and Young People
- B.Ed Hons Nursery/Primary Education (University of London)
- PG Cert Education (Special Educational Needs Coordination)
- DBS Enhanced Certificate
- The Foundation for Infant Loss Training
- Further training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Fully insured for working with adults, children and young people
- Training in Supervision with Cruse Bereavement Care Level 3
I regularly update my knowledge and skills by Continual Professional Development (CPD) workshops. To date, this has included
Self-Harm in Young People
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Creative Writing in Therapy
Introduction to Psychodrama
Safeguarding (annual update)
Sexual Exploitation of Young People
Developing Emotional Resilience in Young People and Responding to Bullying